Thursday, March 01, 2018 2:00 PM ~ 3:30 PM ET
Strategies to Foster Enduring Partnership and Collaboration is the second in a two-part virtual workshop designed to help grantees deepen connections with their partners in a way that leads to productive and mutually-beneficial collaboration. This session will explore the mechanics that make partnerships work. The discussion will highlight specific strategies to take a good partnership idea into action. Topics for discussion include:
- How to meet each partner’s needs
- Taking shared vision into action
- Establishing needed written agreements (Memorandum of Understanding, operation guidelines, etc.)
- Making adjustments and course corrections for continuous process improvement within existing partnerships
Grantees will also discuss the brief homework assignment from the Partnerships 101 session. Please come prepared to discuss and raise both your program’s challenges and opportunities related to this topic during the Partnership 201 breakout discussion.
In addition, you will gain insight into how other TechHire grantees identify their partner’s needs, prepare staff for the complexities of working across organizations with different organizational and cultural norms, and continuously seek to growth.
- Opening and framing: Building on what you learned in the 101 session
- Discussion of homework assignment (video)
- Presentation by TechHire model community
- Breakout Sessions
Moderator(s)Ayreen Cadwallader, Workforce Analyst, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Strategic Investment
Brent Orrell, Vice President, ICF International, Inc.
Christy Montgomery,Senior Analyst, Maher & Maher
Marguerite Womack, Senior Director of Community Development, Youth Policy Institute